Sunday, March 4, 2018

Certified Organic Plant Starts


Seeds have been ordered and I'm anxious to get growing!
For the past couple of years I have been growing USDA Certified Organic plant starts in our heated greenhouse for sale to home growers who are looking for vegetable plants grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or fertilizers. They're the same plants we use in our USDA Certified Organic operation.
In 2018, I will be happy to start plants for those who pre-order and make a small deposit. I will need to have your orders by March 25.
Because your plants will be grown specifically for you, we will need to communicate about your needs. Please send me an email at metzgerfarm@gmail.com to begin the conversation. Prices per tomato or pepper plant (in 3- or 4-inch pots) will be between $3.50 and $4.50 depending upon seed costs.
In past years I have offered tomato and peppers only. This year I can also provide squash (winter and summer), onion plants, cucumbers and more. Prices for these will be based on my costs.

No comments: