Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Now There's Some Heat!

Hot! Hot! Hot!
Sarit Gat, Caribbean Mix, Early Jalapeño, Czech Black
Ring Of Fire, Hungarian Hot Wax, Hidalgo, Lipstick Hot

All the hot peppers I so lovingly started from seed last spring are ready, and there are way more than I can use. I'm offering the extras for sale - perfect for salsa and anything else that needs an extra kick!
Prices: $2.50/pint for all but the Caribbean Hots which are $3.50/pint. All our produce is USDA Certified Organic.
Please email us at metzgerfarm@gmail.com or send a private message on our Facebook page. Telephone is 814-274-8004.
Aside from using them fresh for seasoning, my favorite use is making my own hot pepper flakes by dehydrating them and then putting them in the food processor. A word of caution ... be sure to wear gloves when preparing the peppers for the dehydrator. I also wouldn't recommend running the dehydrator in the house. And finally, protect yourself when you grind them. I've taken to wearing a mask!

No comments: